[mythtv-users] need vid card with s-video, pci-x16 that "just works"

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Jan 4 21:39:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 12:21:58PM +0000, Stroller wrote:
> Why do you suggest a 5000-series rather than the 6000 or 7000? These
> 6000- & 7000-series cards seem to be more readily available & so I
> assumed they were later models. I therefore assumed longer support
> for them in nVidia's binary drivers.

IIRC, the 5000 series cards have overlay support.  The 6000 and later
cards don't have the overlay support, but use textures instead.  With
overlay support you get a color OSD with XVMC enabled, and maybe fewer
issues.... YMMV

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"