[mythtv-users] Status of OTA ATSC Channels in SF area

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jan 4 20:11:06 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> says:
>> Following a recent thread ("HD Tuner Cards"), I thought I'd
>> record, for
>> reference for others, the status of my ATSC OTA channels in my area
>> (South SF Bay, next to Santa Cruz mtns by Hwy17:
>
> As previously noted, I am in downtown San Francisco.
>
> I will only note where my experience differs from Brad's.
>
>> 11-1 KNTVDT  - doesn't work most of the time
>> 11-2 KNTVDT2 - ditto
>
> As previously noted, I am fortunate enough to be able to pull in these
> channels *and* the various Sutro stations I'm interested in with only
> a Silver Sensor antenna.
>
>> 32-1 KMTPDT  - really, not so good
>
> Didn't bother trying much here; no HD = no interest for me, more or
> less.
>
>> 36-1 KICUDT  - fine
>> 36-2 KICUDT  - fine
>
> Same here. Not much luck in the few moments I tried with these
> channels, but again, I don't care.
>
>> 54-1 KTEHDT  - fine
>
> Ibid.
>
>> There are more channels in this area that I chose not to receive
>> because I didn't care about the content or because the transmitter
>> is angled beyond where my antenna is pointing
>> (http://www.winegard.com/offair/squareshooter.htm), or I simply
>> didn't check if I could get them. Here they are:
>
> I'm just as apathetic as you are about these. Even were it possible
> for me to receive the non-San Mateo/Sutro Tower stations (Walnut
> Creek, Sacramento, etc.) with my setup, I don't see what I'd gain from
> them considering I already have over-the-air access to all seven
> national broadcast networks. That said:
>
>> 65-1 KKPXDT
>> 65-2 KKPXDT2
>> 65-3 KKPXDT3
>> 66-1 KFSFDT
>
> I *can* get these stations.

There's a complete list in the wiki here:
http://tinyurl.com/wgwpb

I'm in the southern part of the city and get the same results,
however I've bought a second indoor antenna and have them booth
hooked up to my pcHDTV-5500. I have them on opposite sides of the TV
in opposite directions and now gleefully get both 2.x and 11.x
stations which I couldn't get before with just 1... plus 5.x, 7.x,
44.x, 9.x which I could always get.