[mythtv-users] Status of OTA ATSC Channels in SF area

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 19:19:39 UTC 2007

Following a recent thread ("HD Tuner Cards"), I thought I'd record, for
reference for others, the status of my ATSC OTA channels in my area
(South SF Bay, next to Santa Cruz mtns by Hwy17:

  2-1 KTVUDT  - fine
  2-2 KTVUDT2 - fine
  4-1 KRONDT  - fine
  4-2 KRONDT2 - fine
  5-1 KPIXDT  - fine
  7-1 KGODT   - fine
  7-2 KGODT2  - fine
  7-3 KGODT3  - (only looked at it once, though)
  9-1 KQED    - fine
  9-2 KQEDDT2 - fine
  9-3 KQEDDT3 - fine
  9-4 KQEDDT4 - fine
  9-5 KQEDDT5 - fine
11-1 KNTVDT  - doesn't work most of the time
11-2 KNTVDT2 - ditto
22-1 KBWBDT  - fine
32-1 KMTPDT  - really, not so good
36-1 KICUDT  - fine
36-2 KICUDT  - fine
43-1 KCSMDT  - fine
43-3 KCSMDT3 - fine
44-1 KBCWDT  - fine
54-1 KTEHDT  - fine

There are more channels in this area that I chose not to receive because
I didn't care about the content or because the transmitter is angled
beyond where my antenna is pointing
(http://www.winegard.com/offair/squareshooter.htm), or I simply didn't
check if I could get them. Here they are:

  6-1 KVIEDT
  6-2 KVIEDT2
  8-1 KSBWDT
  8-2 KSBWDT2
10-1 KXTVDT
10-2 KXTVDT2
13-1 KOVRDT
13-2 KOVRDT2
25-1 KCAHDT
26-1 KTSFDT
27-2 KTSFDT2
35-1 KCBADT
38-1 KCNSDT
42-1 KTNCDT
46-1 KIONDT
46-2 KIONDT2
48-1 KSTSDT
58-1 KQCADT
64-1 KTFKDT
65-1 KKPXDT
65-2 KKPXDT2
65-3 KKPXDT3
66-1 KFSFDT

If there are any viewers in this area that are receiving more or other
channels than I'm receiving, I sure would like to hear about how you did it!

BTW, watching most ATSC OTA channels Live in MythTV isn't very good.
Various problems, usually depending on the signal strength and the type
of mpeg2 compression broadcasted. Recording is fine - which I do 99.99%
of the time, anyway.