[mythtv-users] Myth based Car Computer

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 17:36:10 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jason:
> Very nice.  I've tried MythTV on a touchscreen for in-home use (mostly
> music, weather and news).  One thing I could not easily get around is
> issuing a "back" or "esc" to Myth to move out of some programs (e.g.,
> mythmusic).  I finally had to activate the telnet control of Myth and
> create a small Kpanel applet that would allow me to issue an "esc" to
> myth via the telnet interface (this also means you have to run Myth in
> a window rather than full-screen).  Have you come up with another
> means or do you simply use the keyboard?
> George

I'm looking at doing this for my mom's new Kitchen(their in the middle
of remodeling). This way she could have her TV, Music, Recipes, etc on
one convenient screen. I was wondering what touch screen your using
and if you have any advice in this area? I'll be providing her a
remote control to use with the system as well as the ability to use
the touchscreen.

Is it possible to add a button to skins for "Esc"? If so, perhaps a
touchscreen skin needs to happen.

On 1/4/07, Jason Donahue <mythtv at timekiller.org> wrote:
> Dunno how many people will remember this, but a while back I posted my Linux
> CarPC. Well I have updated everything and I'm showing it off again:
> https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/index.php
> The touchscreen and opengl transitions are especially nice additions...
> Couldn't have done it without the great work done on Myth, thanks everybody!

wow, thats awesome! great work man!

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -