[mythtv-users] nuvexport under ubuntu 6.10 (edgy eft)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 4 17:16:28 UTC 2007

Peter Schachte wrote:
> Most of myth works very well out of the box under Ubuntu 6.10, but I found
> nuvexport needed a bit of work to get running, so I thought I'd share what I
> had to do for the benefit of people searching the archives.

Have you considered adding this info the the mythtv wiki?

> The other problem I solved by patching the ffmpeg sources to use the -b switch
> rather than -bit_rate to specify the encoding bitrate.  Presumably this is
> needed because of a mismatch between nuvexport and ffmpeg versions; still
> patching nuvexport seemed easier than trying to package another version of
> ffmpeg for ubuntu.

You should be aware that the param() method used (which you patched) was
designed to detect different versions of ffmpeg and send the correct
string (if you had looked in ffmpeg.pm, you would see that).  Please
send me the output from `ffmpeg -h` so I can see if I missed any strings
in detecting which parameters to use.

-Chris