[mythtv-users] HDTV XvMC and audio skipping

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jan 3 19:46:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 10:22 -0700, Chris Dos wrote:

> > Chris Dos wrote:
> >> Well, I got XvMC working for HD playback.  However, about every minute or
> >> so,
> >> the is a slight audio skip that can be heard.  Sometimes it happens a
> >> couple of
> >> times a minute, other times it can go a bit longer before I hear it.
> >> Don't know
> >> if anyone has heard this

Add another "me too" to the list. This is a relatively minor problem
that I haven't gotten around to looking in to yet. I don't know if it
will help to switch from analog sound output to optical with AC3
passthrough, but I plan to try it. Might as well try to take advantage
of my decoder receiver.

--Greg