[mythtv-users] Mytharchive - Time Date Mismatch Imported Database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 3 14:07:34 UTC 2007

On 01/02/2007 07:31 PM, Stroller wrote:
> On 2 Jan 2007, at 22:34, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 01/02/2007 12:40 PM, scott at tbwifi.ca wrote:
>>
>>> I imported a database from an old version.  I noticed that you can
>>> not
>>> edit the cut points until you transcode the original recording.
>>> There
>>> also seems to be a data and time formatting change with the
>>> version change
>>> and Mytharchive errors out.  I am getting a value error related to
>>> a time
>>> date mismatch.  Can anyone help?
>>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/240029#240029
>>

> Sorry, I don't have the original posting in my local archive to reply
> to... but what does step 5 do, please? Just leave one with a usable
> backup of the database in case of emergency?

Yep.  Basically, that's an "upgraded" backup of your old backup.

So, if you already have new recordings in your upgraded database, you
can export your current database (with the broken information you tried
to import from the old version backup), drop your current database,
import your old database, run mythtv-setup (to upgrade the old
database), then export your old database (in new version format), then
drop your database, then either import the old database (new format) and
do a "partial" import of the new database (getting only the new stuff
and none of the broken old data) similarly to
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 (just make sure you
go through the resultant restore.sql and delete the old stuff that's
already in the database) or run mc.sql, then run mythtv-setup, then
exit, then do a "partial" import of both the new and the old (new
format) database getting only the "right" data from each backup.

Mike