[mythtv-users] DVB-C problems

Janne Grunau janne-mythtvusers at grunau.be
Wed Jan 3 13:03:39 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 11:44, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Janne Grunau wrote:
> Lets skip this discussion, i am not so much interested in this as in
> getting it to work.

I agree.

> >would it help if mythtv would parse NIT-actual and all NIT-others? I
> >don't like the approach of entering the correct netwerkid for
> > scanning. Could you send a dump of all NITs, it would help to see
> > how the differ to find a viable solution.
>
> Would help.

Ok, I'll prepare a patch. I'm not convinced that it will help since I
expect that the transports will get overwritten by different NITs.

> Side discussion: On the other hand, on DVB-S being able to enter a
> network-id would be a boon. In the current situation when you enable
> encrypted channels, you get all of them. In reality you will only be
> able to receive those you have a smartcard for. Which means channels
> with a particular network-id. Being able to filter on network-id in
> DVB-S would limit the scan to the channels you can actually use. (and
> not clutter the channel table with hundreds or thousands of un-usable
> channels).

This will solved differently. I'm working on a signalmonitor check for
encrypted channels.

> > Please provide a
> >backend log with -v channel,record,siparser. My first guess would be
> >that the original network id
>
> Original network-id = 1000, network-id of NIT-Other for my area =
> 1111. All original network-id's are 1000, both in TS loop, as well as
> in SDT as well as in EIT.

Then it should work. MythTV doesn't care for the network id and if the
orginal network id is for all transports in all NITs the same it should
work fine.
Oh, I saw the logs and have one further question did you enter "your"
network id into dtv_multiplex.network_id? That is incorrect, it is
actually the original network id despite the naming.

> > or transport id
>
> This one matches. I have 10 in the db, 10 in the PAT and 10 in the
> NIT-Other.

fine.

Janne