[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 analog issues - partial fix, and another question

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Jan 3 07:56:22 UTC 2007

A follow-up to my earlier message...

I was able to get sound on the analog side by changing the sound device
from /dev/dsp to /dev/dsp2 in "analog options" under "Input Connections".

The sound is pretty poor, though...tinny, with annoying distortion of the
higher frequencies.  Is there a fix for this?

I also found the option to choose which tuner to record a show on when
setting up a recording from the Program Guide.  I just set one up for
early tomorrow morning to see if it'll actually do an analog recording.

Now...I can't seem to find this option in MythWeb.  Is there a way to do
this, or do I have to change the recording profiles?

One other thing - this is new - when I start mythfrontend, it goes from
the main menu right into the DVD menu without any input.  How do I fix
this....?

Thanks...Bob