[mythtv-users] [OT] tv_grab_de_tvtoday: Code point \u0008 is not a valid character in XML

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Tue Jan 2 22:26:35 UTC 2007

Michael Vistein schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Matthias Thyroff schrieb:
>
>> has anybody else seen this error message from tv_grab_de_tvtoday, and maybe
>> found a fix? The message is
>>

> Yes, it seems there are invalid characters on the program listings for
> today, which make tv_grab_de_tvtoday crash since 7 days now (or how far
> you are prefetching data).
>
> So I think things will get all right again tomorrow when the offending
> character belongs to the past.
>
> On
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=424135&aid=1624311&group_id=39046
> is the bug filed for XMLTV, there is a quick and dirty solution to get
> data anyway. You will continue to receive the error message, but at
> least the xml file will be valid again.
>
> Yours
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply (also to s2); the tracker entry describes exactly
my problem, with the same offending progam on zdf. I did not get the fix
to work, probably because I modified the source manually instead of
diffing it, afterwards still failed the same way, but surprisingly also
still works apart from the error. And today, as you said, everything is
fine again, also the days in the close future that did not have
programming yesterday are fine.

Cheers and best wishes,

    Matthias