[mythtv-users] MediaMVP and Myth SVN

Jerry Bett bjett80 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:42:39 UTC 2007

On 1/2/07, Michael Tiller <michael.tiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, thanks for the info.  Is there a "how to" somewhere on using VLC this
> way?!?  I don't really know much about it.  I assume this sucks up some CPU
> on the backend side? (with all the on-the-fly transcoding).
>
> Thanks again.  This is really useful info.
>
> --
> Mike

Mike,

I read everything on the mediamvp site but the documentation wasn't
very clear at all...I sort of stumbled on my solution ... here's what
I did.

Create a directory under /mnt/store ... I call mine "links".  Then,
under /mnt/store/links, create your file links with ln -sf
/mnt/store/xxxxx.mpg xxxxx.divx.

Start vlc on the mythserver with "vlc -I telnet".