[mythtv-users] using myth-tv for gaming (external station)

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 19:09:34 UTC 2007

You can not use mythtv to do what you are trying to do.  Mythtv-backend must
record the signal to the harddrive before myth-frontend can display it.

But, there is a setting on your pvr-350 that places the card in "pass
though" mode.  It will connect the input connector to the output connector
on the card.  this will totally bypass mythtv.  But it will only work if you
use the pvr-350's tv-output.  And Mythtv wont know that the card is in use.
So you would have to make sure that no recordings are scheduled at the time
you use your playstation.  I think you can turn on the "pass though" mode
with the utilities that come with ivtv.  Good luck.