[mythtv-users] Can't see menu's with mythtv .20

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:24:47 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, kim gross <kgross at jensalt.com> wrote:
> I upgraded my main desktop from fc4 to fc6 and everything other than
> mythtv seems to work great.
> So now I need help with myth.
> I can't figure out what is wrong.  When I startup mythfrontend or
> mythtvsetup on my desktop machine I get the background and the
> prescaling messages, and then nothing. The menu's never show up.

Could it be a broken OpenGL installation? If you run mythfrontend as:

$ mythfrontend -O UseOpenGLPainter=0

can you see the menus? If you can, you'll either need to fix your
OpenGL installation, or configure the frontend to use the QTpainter
for drawing the menus.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: