[mythtv-users] HDTV Capture with Rogers Cable Box

vamythguy vamythguy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 04:16:47 UTC 2007

On 1/1/07, Michael Kipper <mkipper at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using MythTV for a while for my standard definition needs.
> I recently bought a Sony 1080p HDTV, which came with a Rogers PVR for 10
> months.
> The Rogers box (Scientific Atlanta 8300HD) is $24.95/month after the 10
> month trial and is crap compared to MythTV.
>
> So catch me up. What are my options for capturing HDTV from the Rogers
> box?
> All the HDTV capture solutions I've seen are for over-the-air HDTV, not
> capturing from my paid-for stream.
>
> Thanks!
> Michael Kipper

No, that's not true.  You have two digital cable (QAM) options.  You can add
1-n DVB capture cards to your Myth Box - Fusion 5's, pcHDTV 3000/5500, etc.
You can also capture via firewire from select cable boxes - Motorola 6200
and SA 3250 are the two I'm most familiar with - and they both have the
capability of having their channels changed via firewire.