[mythtv-users] Can't Open HDTV Card

Gray grayman2 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 1 18:57:32 UTC 2007

Thank you again :)

I ran this:
[mythtv at localhost dvb-atsc-tools-1.0.4]$ dtvscan -dvb 0 -c 2:20 -o
scantest
dtvscan ver 1.0.4 - by Jack Kelliher (c) 2002,2005,2006
Opened FE:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 3
Opened DMX:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 4
Opened DVR:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 5
channel = 2 VSB_8
channel = 3 VSB_8
channel = 4 VSB_8
channel = 5 VSB_8
channel = 6 VSB_8
channel = 7 VSB_8
channel = 8 VSB_8
channel = 9 VSB_8
channel = 10 VSB_8
channel = 11 VSB_8
channel = 12 VSB_8
channel = 13 VSB_8
channel = 14 VSB_8
channel = 15 VSB_8
channel = 16 VSB_8
channel = 17 VSB_8
channel = 18 VSB_8
channel = 19 VSB_8
channel = 20 VSB_8

I just showed it because it is the same for all of the channels.

Then I checked the output file "scantest" which is empty:

[mythtv at localhost dvb-atsc-tools-1.0.4]$ ls -l scantest
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mythtv mythtv 0 Jan  1 13:42 scantest

Of the options below should I be scanning the device name directly with:

device      : V4L2 device name (-dvb option will override)

If so exactly what would my device name be?

Gray