[mythtv-users] OT: Fireplace Video or Visualization

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Jan 1 18:38:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 31 December 2006 16:25, Michael Starks wrote:
> Happy New Year, Everyone!
>
> Anyone know where I can find a royalty-free (as in no $$) fireplace
> video or visualization for the corny party effect?  Maybe a disco
> ball...? _______________________________________________

I was going to ask about something similar but never got around to it so
I'll try now in this thread.

First a possible answer if you are in Shaw Cablesystems territory:

  Here, on channel 18, there has been a long tradition of running a loop of
  a log fire during the Xmas holiday. And this year, during the Canadian
  Thanksgiving weekend, we even got to watch a turkey roasting (with the
  occasional interlude for basting).

And now my question:

  If I was to capture some of the log fire, how would I create a loop mpg
  of this so I can let it play when the log-fire channel goes off-air?

  If I could do this, I'd be happy to create a loop and make it available.