[mythtv-users] Subtitles?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 18:05:55 UTC 2007

On 01/01/07, Tony Sutton <Tony at hypertony.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies everyone. So far so good.
>
> Here's my hardware setup that I hope to use:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2800+
> 1GB memory
> 60GB or 80GB HDD, whichever I can find in my box.
>
> And a box full of TV tuners!! Is there a listing or FAQ where it will tell
> you which card will work and will not work? Here's the list anyway...
>
> 2 x ATI Theater 550 Pro - chipset 218T510AKA13

Not supported under Linux.

> 2 x Thomson DVB-T - Conexant DVB-T CX22702-15 and Conexant Broadcast Decoder
> CX23881-19

Are these KWorld cards? Their spec seems very similar to the V-Stream
Xpert DVB-T cards I use. The lspci -vv output will probably be useful.

Details of supported cards can be found on the linuxtv.org DVB and V4L wikis.

> My aim is to watch TV via DVB-T, so I guess I'm better off with using the 2
> x Thomson DVB-T tuners (one to watch and another one to record), but only if
> it's supported under MythTV?

This is the way I would go. I would avoid using the more processor and
disk intensive and lower quality V4L framegrabber cards completely.

> Do I need a beefy video card or a cheapo 32MB card will do fine?

For displaying LiveTV and recordings, this should be more than fine.
However, for fancy visualisations in MythMusic, you might want
something more powerful. I use 32/64MB ATI Radeon 9000 series cards
with no problems at all.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: