[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 & MythTV

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 17:18:37 UTC 2007

On 1/1/07, Vladimir Kangin <v at kangin.org> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> What kind of card he is working on? WinTV-HVR-4000 ?
>
> vkangin
>
> > Manu Abraham is working on drivers for some dvb-s2 cards, so far he
> > has got dvb-s working, but not s2, so driver support is still some way
> > off.
> >
> > andy

Please dont top post! reply below the original message, not above!
(google will tell you why!)

I quote Manu:

"current status of the stb0899 driver, DVB-S tunes, DVB-S2 not yet. Still
hammering on it."

and:

"Currently tuning works for 2 card types, KNC1 S2 and the Satelco S2.
Work is ongoing for 2 other card types. TT and Twinhan."

I dont know what chipset WinTV-HVR-4000 is, but he didnt mention that
card specifically.

Find a archive of the linux-dvb mailing list if you want to read the
complete discusson, it was only a few days ago.

Andy