[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase error?

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 11:44:33 UTC 2007

>>FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512. But if I log in as mythtv and run
>>mythfilldatabase manually, it works.

I got that a lot in suse 10.0. The only solution I found (and believe me, I
looked...) was an upgrade to suse 10.1.

I'm now using suse 10.2 and I still get the odd error when it runs auto, but
it's fine when manually done (most of the time...). You'll probably just
have to put up with it unless it's something simple like your path to
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase, permissions on files etc. There's a load of
different errors I've seen with mythfilldatabase and I've no idea what the
fixes are to any of them other that fiddle about and hope for the best :o)

Christopher

The Crimea / The Crocketts
http://www.inaudible.co.uk