[mythtv-users] MytthTV system: ATX vs mATX motherboard?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 03:10:14 UTC 2007

>I'm sure one of their full ATX boards with a 6150 chipset would work
>just fine.  It is silly to use either AGP or PCI Express for video
>these days, unless you are doing 3D gaming.  I am using one slot for
>the PCHDTV card and that's it.

I disagree.  Looking on newegg I see 2 AMD ATX boards with onboard video.
Neither has DVI out.  Most people watching HD use DVI, myself included.  And
I have 4 tuner cards so mATX isn't an option.  Hence the reason I got an ATX
board with AGP and a fanless GeForce 6200.  It's not a gaming card by any
stretch but works perfect for MythTV.

Jake