[mythtv-users] Can you share the recordings?

James Talvy jtalvy at si.rr.com
Wed Feb 28 04:42:00 UTC 2007

Thanks Rod, Brad and Cole....

Ultimately what I want is to use MythTV to record my favorite TV shows
and then download them to a portable device so that I can watch them
during my commute to and from work.

Dish network has a device from Archos called the "Pocket Dish" that does
just that.... you simply USB it to the Disk Network receiver and all the
DVR content is sync'd to the device...

I was just trying to find out if you could get to the recorded show
files easily and if so.... how do I get them in the format (ie. MPEG)
that would be usable.... See if I can setup some sort of script that
copies all the TV shows into a dir on my PC then the iTunes would
automagically pic them up and during my morning sync I would be all set.

I have been working with Sun UNIX boxes for 15yrs so I am very
comfortable with command line and skilled with Perl etc.

Thanks.
-James