[mythtv-users] Will Hauppauge PVR-150 work for digital cable?

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 22:03:20 UTC 2007

> > to how you will be able to control it.  In some cases, you can get a
> > serial connection to the set top box and control the channel changes
> > that way, and in other cases you need an IR blaster.  Once you find out
> > the type (make & model) of set top box, you'll really know what you are
> > dealing with.
>
> Rogers pretty much exclusively uses SA boxes, I think mine is an SA3100,
> or something like that. Pretty low end stuff. This solution would work,
> but is less reliable.

Not sure why you say that.  I have a pair of old motorola boxes (DCT2524s)
set up with blasters from irblaster.info, and I've never had a missed tune.
Even with slower boxes, you should be able to tweak the tune script to get
similar results.  And serial port control should be perfectly reliable.

Brett.