[mythtv-users] Screensaver when displaying menus only?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Feb 27 17:32:38 UTC 2007

So.. first, I tackled the issue with some random screensaver coming up
on my myth systems about 4 weeks ago.

Now, my wife points out to me that it would be nice to have a
screensaver for the menu system only.  After thinking about it for a
moment, I realized that she was right.. that there should be a screen
saver in place when the system is on the menu system only.

For example, last night my wife and kids watched 90% of a show, then
left the TV while it was still playing to put them all to bed (hence, I
got involved).  When we came down after that seemingly endless
adventure, we arrived to see that the TV was left on and it was sitting
at the menu system doing absolutely nothing.

Now, I have done my best to train them (it is an on-going process,
indeed) to turn off the TV when they are not watching it (with the only
added step being that they HAVE to exit watching LiveTV if they are
watching it), but, I've come to realize, that this is going to happen
from time to time.

So.. is there a way to enable, say DPMS or something simple, when in the
menu system, but to deactivate it when watching LiveTV, Recordings,
Videos, slideshows, music, etc?

-Rich