[mythtv-users] Finally solved utf8 encoding problems, added tutorial to MythTV Wiki

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Feb 27 12:34:34 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I had a couple of threads going here about problems I was having with 
getting utf8 fonts (Japanese, in my case) displaying properly in the On 
Screen Display when watching MythTV.

Well, I've finally solved it. The last piece of the puzzle was to change 
the fonts in the XML file for the OSD theme as well as changing the OSD 
font settings in the Setup section inside the mythfrontend interface.

Anyway, I put a tutorial up on the Wiki which explains everything I did, 
and hopefully will help others who want to use utf8 encoded texts:


(I know most people wouldn't post to the list saying they've added new 
stuff to the Wiki, but this is my first ever contribution to a Wiki, so 
I felt good enough about it to make mention of it.)

Hope the information is helpful to others!

Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft
Pentium D Dual Core Processor
PHP 5, MySQL 5, Apache 2

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list