[mythtv-users] problems about yum install on Fedora4 when installing mythtv

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Tue Feb 27 10:39:55 UTC 2007

 I used Fedora 4, and want to install mythtv.
 I did according to the instruction: Installing MythTV SVN on Fedora Core,
 on
 http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core,
 but when I steped to "yum install softwares", there were always such
 following errors, which puzzled me greatly! Hope to get some help from
 yours, many thanks!
 When I deleted the file  /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo according to one
 instruction on web, there are still othere problems, and can't work
 properlly!

 [root at localhost ~]# yum install gcc-c++ freetype-devel lame-devel qt-devel
 mysql-devel lirc-lib-devel subversion mesa-libGLU-devel libXv-devel
 libXxf86vm-devel Setting up Install Process
 Setting up repositories
 http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
 IOError: HTTP Error 403: Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:24:21 GMT
 Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Fedora)
 Trying other mirror.
 Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms
 failure: repodata/repomd.xml from atrpms: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
 try.
 [root at localhost ~]#