[mythtv-users] MythArchive: Failed while running ffmpeg

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Feb 26 10:26:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:37:45AM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> Hi.  I just set up MythTV from atrpm son my FC6 box & PVR-350.  It went
> pretty well.  Thousands of times better than when I tried a couple of
> years ago compiling everything from tarballs.
>
> One problem I'm having that when I try to use MythArchive to burn a
> recording to DVD.  I'm seeing the following error (wrapped for email):
> ERROR: Failed while running ffmpeg to re-encode video
> Command was ffmpeg -v -i "/data/mythtv/tmp/work/1/newfile.mpg"
> -r ntsc -target dvd -b 4771k -s 720x480 -acodec ac3
> -ab 192 -ac 2 -copyts -aspec 4:3
> "/data/mythtv/tmp/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1
>
> I see the following at the bottom of the logfile, though I don't know if
> it's related or not, since there's no other context:
> 2007-02-25 20:42:11.037 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
> localhost
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
> parent directories: No such file or directory
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
> parent directories: No such file or directory
> If this message is in fact related, I assume it means either my
> configuration contains a reference to a directory that doesn't exist, or
> some part of the process is trying to delete the directory (or the
> parent of the directory) it's currently in.  But which one?

Perhaps you started mythbackend in a folder that you later removed?
Try ps with e to see the environment and grep for PWD. Or
alternatively just restart the service in another directory.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net