[mythtv-users] Fuzzy Line on the Screen

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Sun Feb 25 20:32:53 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 13:15, Jeremy Gillick wrote:
> MythTv is working great, except often times a fuzzy line, about a couple
> pixels tall, appears either on the top or bottom of the screen.  It
> doesn't appear over the picture, but along the top or bottom border of
> the screen.  Anybody know how to get rid of this?

I'm not positive, but I think that's the closed captioning information, being
captured as part of the video stream. You could try adjusting your X options
to enlarge the image area and get it off the screen. (On my system, if I
compare the image size of what MythTV displays to what I see from the
original video source, the relevant area would be off the screen on the
original source, so you won't really lose anything you'd see if you weren't
using MythTV.) It's also possible to crop the image slightly when transcoding
it with at least some tools. I know this is possible with mencoder, for
instance. I don't recall any options in MythTV to do this when transcoding
using the MythTV user interface, but I might not have noticed them or I might
have forgotten them.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com