[mythtv-users] Powerstrip modeline not working

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 17:58:41 UTC 2007

On 2/24/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is the Hz figure after the "@" the VertRefresh and the figures in
> > brackets the HorizSync? If so, that makes my VertRefresh range 60-85
> > and my HorizSync range 31.46 - 68.38 doesn't it?
>
> I plugged these VertRefresh and HorizSync figures into xorg.conf and
> started X in logverbose 6  mode. I get a whole load of valid modes
> from the pool now - but there isn't one for 1366 x 768. The nearest is
> 1280 x 768. Do I just take that as "close enough" or is there
> something else I can do to get 1366 x 768? As this is the mative
> resolution of this plasma TV I figure it should be best to get it
> working at this resolution to avoid scaling, shouldn't it?
>
> Finally (one for Steve probably) how do you suggest I should update
> the wiki page for this? It doesn't seem enough to just add something
> in about the valid mode pools as it's been such a lot of work to get
> this far. Should I add a page just about this TV, do you think?

check monoprice.com for cables, they're cheap, high quality and cheap.
I believe they will ship internationally as well.

As for getting this working via the VGA cable... Try just using a 720p
modeline from the wiki,
ModeLine "ATSC-720-60p" 74.16 1280 1320 1376 1648 720 722 728 750

it may not be the perfect solution, but it should work fine until you
can switch to HDMI/DVI with EDID. You can also try making a 1366
modeline,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Working_with_Modelines

--
Steve