[mythtv-users] Remote MythWeb Access

thomas.w.baker at comcast.net thomas.w.baker at comcast.net
Sun Feb 25 00:18:53 UTC 2007

I would like to configure MythWeb so that I can schedule recoredings etc. from a remote location, as in not on my LAN.  Since I travel most of the week for work, I would like to be able to access mythweb while away from home.  I have already gotten to the point where I can access MythWeb in a web browser from within my LAN, but I'm not sure where to go from here.  Anyone out there done this before and have any tips?  Questions on my mind include:

1) Will I need a static IP address from my ISP, or can my Linksys router take care of this?

2) How do I keep MythWeb secure with password protection?

Thanks in advance,

Tom