[mythtv-users] Connecting to MythTV backend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 00:35:21 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, Shiloh Madsen <shiloh.madsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, second (and briefer) question. I have a TV tuner card I am getting
> ready to install (All in Wonder 9800 pro if it matters) but I am

The capture portion of this card is not supported under Linux, and may
never be. You may find the Video4Linux wiki
(http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page) and the
ivtvdriver.org site (for Hauppauge PVR card support) useful starting
places to look for a supported capture device.

This list is also a minefield full of recommendations, you can search
for recommended capture cards using the Gossamer link below. I'm using
a couple of Hauppauge PVR cards (PVR-150, PVR-350) with no problems on
2.6.16 kernels.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: