[mythtv-users] REPAIR/OPTIMIZE in HouseKeeper

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Feb 23 22:13:37 UTC 2007

Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca> says:
> You know, it's not that hard to check with the backend to see if
> it's busy and/or how long to the next recording.

I know. If you'd read the message I referenced, you'd have seen that
a) I already have my own version of your script for checking whether a
mythbackend is recording or not and b) I'm talking about something
different, which is how to prevent mythfrontend from being
unresponsive to button presses during the database backup process. As
MythTV is as yet neither telepathic nor precognistic, no script can
predict at any given moment whether I'll want to fast-forward a
recording or not. (Maybe in 0.30.)