[mythtv-users] OT: USB IR Receiver questions

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 21:52:39 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:

> I've been wanting to setup a separate frontend instead of running my
> main frontend on my backend machine. My problem has always been the
> remote control. With my last PVR150 I bought, it came with some type of
> IR receiver, or possibly an IR blaster that a receiver plugs into.(?) I
> could provide a picture...
>
> Anyway, the back of it says it's an "acer Model No. MCEIR-210". I also
> have the IR receiver to plug into it.

This is the Windows MCE receiver.

Anyone know if I can use these to setup lirc for use with MythTV?
> Anyone already doing with this device?

You use either the mceusb or mceusb2 driver.

The other issue is that the remote that came with this setup uses RC6,
> but I need it to work with the older hauppaugge remotes, which I think
> are RC5.

Sorry, you're out of luck there. That receiver is only meant to work with
MCE remotes and MCE IR keyboards.

Carl Fongheiser