[mythtv-users] No channels on Nova-T-500

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Fri Feb 23 07:32:50 UTC 2007

Henrik Beckman wrote:

> Hi,
> Since itīs DVB-T and hence digital you should get blockiness and
> stuttering if the signal is to low.
> My mythtv reports similar signal strenght if I recall correctly but it
> works ok, even without the amplifier.

Thanks  - that makes sense.

> I had to buy a large jitter antenna and hide it on the balcony to get
> reception though, but wit all the different antennas I tried before that
> working solution I never had one combinantion with grainy picture, only
> blockinnes, stuttering and lack of lock.

I'm not getting that.  The picture just isn't as crisp as I would like.

> Maybe the problem is elsewhere ?
> How do you display your image ?

I think you are right.

My LCD Samsung TV has a native resolution of 1360x768, which I display
via VGA on my GeForce4 MX 4000 using Nvidias binary driver.

Previously when I set up Xorg it supported this resolution fine:

(II) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes:
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "1360x768"
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "1024x768"
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "800x600"
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "640x480"
(II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1360 x 768

but now I'm on a custom 2.6.20 kernel to get the nova-t working I get

(II) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "1360x768" (no mode of this name)

Which really sucks.

> Regarding the second tuner, I followed this http://www.linuxtv.org/repo/
> instruction when I installed my card, maybe you need a newer driver ?
> For some resonon I had to do make menuconfig and deselect tons of
> unnecessary tc-card modules to get my nova-t 500 working.

I'll check this out - thanks

dave