[mythtv-users] How do I turn my cable box on and off?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 06:22:32 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> One way is to configure LIRC so that your lircd.conf file contains a
> valid entry for your cable box remote's power button which works with
> the IR blaster.

If you've only got a power "toggle" command (i.e. same command turns the box
on and off) be careful. Even if you get it switching on and off it's only
got to miss one power command (or have someone switch the box on or off
without Myth knowing) and you'll have Myth switching it off when you want it
on and vice-versa.

Personally I just leave mine on all the time. The Myth PC draws far more
power than the cable box.

Steve