[mythtv-users] REPAIR/OPTIMIZE in HouseKeeper (was Re: Running optimize_mythdb.pl before mythfilldatabase)

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 03:12:17 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:

> What do you suggest as an alternative - Postgres, SQL lite - Firebird?

Personally I've never had a problem with mysql, but there are enough scary
stories here to make me nervous of it (plus I had some trouble with charsets
upgrading from 4 to 5 that I really shouldn't have had to deal with. I think
that might have been either my fault or Gentoo's though). I'd love to be
able to use Oracle, but that's just because I use it at work.

Steve