[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Remote Also Controls My TV

Dave mythtvuser at optonline.net
Fri Feb 23 00:37:18 UTC 2007

get an ir blaster like the one from here http://www.irblaster.info or
make one yourself with radio shack parts

stick it on top of your TV IR Input and then put a piece of tape over it
to prevent signals from the hauppauge remote from getting in there.

Now, change your lirc configuration such that some button you don't use
on your hauppauge remote sends the power command to the ir blaster
located behind the tape on your tv.

Maybe this is overkill, but I think it would work nicely