[mythtv-users] Off Topic: Auto mount samba shares

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Thu Feb 22 22:25:35 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:01:44 +0100
"Joacim J" <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:

> er. I will consider the options.
> I also have NFS for some shares but not for the ones  that are  valid in
> this case but  (also accessed from Windows). I will start tests with NFS
> mounting at boot time and see how it works.
> The server is up 24/7 (almost :) )

I've not tried in a bit, but originally I had some speed issues with video and stuff over samba versus nfs.  I did some file transfer comparisons and NFS was a lot faster (at the time).  That being said, I've had a lot of pain getting user permissions correct for NFS writeable mounts.  NFS for READ ONLY is very nice.