[mythtv-users] RFC: Using DNS-SD to bootstrap MythTV

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:56:01 UTC 2007

On 2/20/07, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com> wrote:
> The proposal is to use DNS based service discovery (DNS-SD)

It wouldn't be terribly hard to hack up your proposal using a small
python script (using avahi) that runs just before the frontend starts
and populates mysql.txt.  Likewise a python script on the server or
just a .service file could broadcast the data.

I'm still hoping we can stop using mysql directly some day soon.
DNS-SD would still be a good thing in that case, of course.