[mythtv-users] MythVideo (imdb.pl) broken with imdb movie lookups?

Jeff Coffler jeff-list-mythusers at taltos.com
Thu Feb 22 19:07:18 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I just did a new frontend installation.  I'm encountering a problem with
imdb.pl for movie lookups against imdb.  It appears to me that ALL plot
lookups (and other details) are broken.  It doesn't appear to be based
on my diskless installation, so I thought I'd post here.

If I do a lookup of "Departed" (like "The Departed"), I get:

imdb.pl -D 0407887
Title:The Departed
Year:2006
Director:
Plot:
UserRating:8.4
MovieRating:
Runtime:
Writers:
Cast:
Genres:
Countries:

Note that I get similar (empty) fields for plot and other things in all
other lookups that I've tried.

It appears that the script is checking for ">Plot Outline:</b> ", but in
reality imdb is now issuing ">Plot Outline:</h5>"

Are other folks also getting similar problems (indicating that imdb
changed their WWW site)?  Or am I doing something absurdly stupid?

Thanks,

    -- Jeff