[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 22:54:06 UTC 2007

I was just given a Mac Mini Core Solo by an uncle of mine who just hated
Quicken for OS X that much.
Would it be capable of being a full front and back end unit with a WinTV
PVRUSB2 for analog and a HDHomeRun for digital?

I expect to be able to continue to watch 720p and 1080i content like I do
now on my bulky space heater of an Athlon 64 3000+ -- stuff on there runs
smooth enough, but not as smooth as when I go watch it on a real TV /
Comcast DVR combo.
I can't get XvMC to work...so maybe that's why.

Am I dreaming with my goals or can I take the space heater offline [Myth is
the only reason it exists] in favor of the free Mini?

Thanks,
Michael