[mythtv-users] FYI: mceusb2 blaster overdrives moto DCT2224

Michael Thome mthome at bbn.com
Wed Feb 21 16:19:35 UTC 2007

Just for the record, I was having a terrible time controlling my DCT2224
cable box with my mceusb2 irblaster (via lirc): it would work fine when
I was hacking on it, but would stop working at all once I got all the
cables neatly installed.  The problem turned out to be that the emitter
was too bright for the sensor - attenuating the blaster LED with extra
distance, off-center positioning, or ir-partially-opaque tape led to
perfect control.

I did have to rewrite the standard perl change-channel-lirc script,
however - the DCT2224 seems to want either three digits (leading '0's
are ok) or 'enter' sent (but not 3 digits AND enter, because then it'll
get stuck in a music menu).
--
*Michael Thome*
BBN Technologies 10 Moulton St, Cambridge MA 02138 USA