[mythtv-users] Channel frequency list for FIOS in Northern Virginia

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Feb 21 04:01:59 UTC 2007

Kurt Yoder wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2007, at 1:17 AM, Kurt Yoder wrote:
>

>> Hello all
>>
>> Using the scanner in myth-setup, I was able to find a bunch of
>> unencrypted channels including some HD channels. Some of the channels
>> are immediately recognizable due to broadcaster logos etc. However
>> most of them are rather obscure, and I'm not sure which channel they
>> are. This leaves me unable to associate some of them with a Zap2it
>> channel id. Does anyone have a list of FIOS channels and their
>> associated Zap2it channel id's for northern Virginia?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Anyone? I don't know how to associate my zap2it lineup with the
> channels I have. I need to figure out the xmltv id, and it's really
> hard without seeing a broadcaster logo. Is there a list of
> frequencies somewhere, along with the channels they're tuned to?

Does FIOS transmit any XDS information?  You could run mythbackend with
-v vbi and see if you get things like callsign or show title during a
recording/playback.  Otherwise, does FIOS have a "tv guide" type channel
that you could correlate what you're watching with what is on.  There's
only so many possibilities I suppose and the content of the program
should give you some clues...

Kevin