[mythtv-users] OT: small audio amplifier

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Tue Feb 20 16:35:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 07:43:31AM -0800, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I'm looking for a small, efficient audio amplifier....
>
> Something to drive a set of bookshelf speakers on a secondary myth frontend.
>
> Cheap, energy efficient, nice - but doesn't have to be audiophile
> quality....

If you don't already have the speakers, let me suggest:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=mul_speakers&item=c1pcwzzzz

which is a 2 speaker + "woofer" self-amplified system, running
$49 when it isn't on sale. (And it's often on sale for $29.99).

The sound quality on a price-performance basis is excellent. On
an absolute basis, it's not bad. Dialogue will be clear, music
sounds pretty good.

-dsr-

--