[mythtv-users] SPDIF problems, SOLVED for now

Mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Tue Feb 20 12:45:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 22:17 -0500, Kevin Ould wrote:

> On 2/19/07, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>         Kevin Ould wrote:
>         >
>         > I rebooted my machine tonight and booted back into windows
>         to check a
>         > couple of things from my SageTV install and when I booted
>         back into
>         > Linux my SPDIF starting outputting full volume for PCM
>         material again.
>         > No clue why it is working but it is for now!! Woot Woot!!
>
>         sounds like a driver got loaded. Maybe you have problem
>         driver into hardware in linux.

> I am not sure to be honest what was causing the issue as I had
> rebooted many times prior to this with no luck and had given up on
> fixing the issue for now and moved onto working on some other things
> still outstanding on my "todo" list for this box. Maybe when I booted
> into Windows something funky happened to magically fix my linux
> problem. If the problem returns I will be sure to try a boot into
> Windows and see if I can reproduce the solution. :-)
>
> Kevin

I've seen this before where the Windows audio drivers reset the sound
cards volume, mute, etc., and suddenly they are working or not working
in Linux.  Perhaps this was the first time you booted into Windows and
then into linux since you had it working?   I would suggest you do an
alsactl store now so the settings you do have set will be there next
time you reboot.

Norm