[mythtv-users] Image Quality PVR-500

J. David Maino david.maino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:02:26 UTC 2007

I've tried a few things, including plugging the cable directly into the
wall (previously it was going through a splitter), swapping out cables,
making sure the connections were finger tight (didn't try a wrench), and
plugging in a TV to the same outlet and cable. The TV quality was a
little fuzzy, but it was consistently fuzzy on all channels, and not
nearly as bad as my PVR-500.

I did check channel 45 and noticed that it was also a particularly bad
channel after seeing other people comment on it (previously I had just
chosen a few low end channels to check and a few high end channels and
assumed everything in between was somewhere in between).

I've currently got an email out to Hauppauge to maybe get some answers,
but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks,
Dave