[mythtv-users] transcoding perfect dvd rips to xvid

Mike Schiller mdschiller.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 17:23:10 UTC 2007

I've got a bunch of .vob files that I've created by importing DVDs
using the 'perfect' setting (some are stereo, some are 6.1) .  At this
point, they are taking up too much space, and I'd like to transcode
them to good quality xvid with ac3 audio.  Unfortunately, I'm a bit
confused by the myriad of options available on ffmpeg's command line.
Could someone provide me with the command line to do this at a good
quality?

Thanks in advance,
Mike