[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Remote Also Controls My TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 19 16:10:17 UTC 2007

On 02/19/2007 10:46 AM, Cole Brodine wrote:
> You shouldn't have to get a new IR receiver for a different remote.
> As long as LIRC is compiled and setup to use the hauppage driver you
> can use that IR Receiver with any remote.  You should just have to
> replace you current lircd.conf file with the lircd.conf file for your
> new remote control.

Unless, of course, you're using a "hardware" receiver--like the
Hauppauge receiver--that only receives certain codesets--like RC5--and
processes the signal and tells LIRC what happened, rather than a
"software" receiver (like the home-brew serial receiver) that hands LIRC
the raw signal and lets it decide what it means.

I would guess this is the case for the OP--who's having problems with
the Hauppauge remote, so is likely using the Hauppauge receiver.

Mike