[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Remote Also Controls My TV

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Mon Feb 19 15:03:16 UTC 2007

Eric Holt wrote:
> The television is a 27" Philips brand TV.  It is about 5 or 6 years old.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you still want to be able to control the TV, then you could switch to
another remote for MythTV (e.g. pretty much any 3rd party replacement
remote), and use a lirc receiver (if your card isn't able to receive the
signals from the new remote).

A solution which involves buying no new hardware would be to stop MythTV
recognising the problem buttons (and possibly reassigning those features
to other buttons which you don't use).

Tim.