[mythtv-users] Compiling for FC6

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 04:15:10 UTC 2007

> Check http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core
> for information on compiling on Fedora, and don't forget to read the
> -dev and -commits mailing lists if you're going to start using SVN
> (things *will* break).

VERY true.  I started using the SVN because I like bleeding edge, and
I like to keep up with new features.  However, after taking a
PERFECTLY stable .20 installation to SVN, now I've got some awesome
new MythWeb stuff (THANKS Chris), and some additional features that I
don't use.  But, I've lost the stability.  The frontend regularly
freezes, and now mtd and mythfilldatabase stop regularly.

I haven't done ANY research to figure out why, I'm just VERY busy with
work right now.  So, if you want good, stability, stick with the
regular distrobution, not the SVN.