[mythtv-users] What is Codec Id: 94212?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 18 21:20:30 UTC 2007

On Feb 18, 2007, at 2:03 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

> My frontend log often reports
>
> [mpegts @ 0x48a500]Parser not found for Codec Id: 94212 !
>
> Googling brings up pages of references, almost all from similar Myth
> logs, but no explanations or comments.  I tried combining it with
> fourcc, and looked on the Myth wiki, but am still no better informed.
> Anyone?

I see the same thing, on a test box I'm playing with before I upgrade
my main machine to 0.20.

Googling seems to indicate it is some sort of teletext or subtitle
stream on DVDs or DVB broadcasts, but I'm getting these messages from
the MPEG coming from a PVR card.

It's not causing me any problems that I can determine. I think it's
just seeing a stream it doesn't know how to deal with but as long as
I get audio and video I don't really care. It's probably an empty
stream created by the MPEG encoder and essentially ignored by the
frontend.

Funny you brought it up just an hour or 2 after I started looking
into it :-)

Is it causing you any problems that you are aware of?